It is important to understand that bankruptcy should not be rushed into, there are generally many options that can provide relief from your current situation that do not have the long-term effects that this option has. It is crucial, however, that when bankruptcy is necessary, you do not wait too long.
There are some clear cases where bankruptcy is the better option, and the sooner you file, the better. At 1st California Law Inc., we understand the difficulties that can arise with various financial hardships, and you can be sure that we will provide you with the information, advice, and assistance that you need through the process.
If you are considering the option of bankruptcy, then the first step is to contact a Santa Ana bankruptcy attorney.
What documents will I need to file for bankruptcy?
The following are the documents you will need to provide and the things you will need to do as you prepare for your bankruptcy petition (some items may not apply to you; consult with your attorney if you have questions):
- Social Security Card – Original
- California Driver's License – or other photo ID
- Pay stubs or unemployment statements – from the past six months
- Three months' financial statements for checking, savings, investment accounts, etc.
- Utility bills/expenses for the past month
- Recent mortgage/vehicle payment statement
- Past two years' tax returns – These can also be requested from the IRS
- Tax debt documentation
- Lawsuits, foreclosures, collections and/or repossession documents
- Lease or rental agreements
- Award letter for disability, social security, workers' compensation, pension, retirement, or military that shows the amount you are receiving
- Any job termination paperwork
- Complete the online questionnaire from MyCaseInfo
Our firm can answer your questions, help evaluate your situation, and ensure that this is truly the best option. Further, we can help you to begin the process as soon as possible. Call us today!
Get a Free Consultation Today
1st California Law Inc
- Main Office 2090 N. Tustin Ave. Suite 240 Santa Ana, CA 92705 [+] Map & Directions
Read Real Reviews
Amazing law firm to work with, very knowledgeable, & very kind!Evelyn V.
Kevin made us feel at ease during a very stressful time in our lives.Elizabeth C.
Being the light at the end of this scary tunnel!Leslie I.
"Kevin Kunde is an attorney licensed by the State Bar of California. Mr. Kunde graduated from Chapman University School of Law where he was a Senior Editor for the Nexus Law Journal, a Dean's Fellow/teaching assistant for Contracts course and served as a Judicial Extern for the Honorable John Rayburn for the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California"Read Full Bio