Required Documents for Bankruptcy
Orange County Bankruptcy Lawyer
It is important to understand that bankruptcy should not be rushed into, there are generally many options that can provide relief from your current situation that do not have the long-term effects that this option has. It is crucial, however, that when bankruptcy is necessary, you do not wait too long. There are some clear cases where bankruptcy is the better option, and the sooner you file, the better. At
1st California Law Inc., we understand the difficulties that can arise with various financial hardships, and you can be sure that we will provide you with the information, advice, and assistance that you need through the process.
If you are considering the option of bankruptcy, then the first step is to contact a Santa Ana bankruptcy attorney. Our firm can answer your questions, help evaluate your situation, and ensure that this is truly the best option. Further, we can help you to begin the process as soon as possible. It is important to know what documents you will need to file for bankruptcy; refer to the following information regarding what documents you must have present in order to file.
What documents will I need to file for bankruptcy?
Below is a list of documents/things to do to prepare your bankruptcy petition. Not all of them may apply to you; consult with your attorney if you have further questions.
- Social Security Card – Original
- California Driver's License – or other photo ID
- Pay stubs or unemployment statements – from the past six months
- Three months' financial statements for checking, savings, investment accounts etc…
- Utility bills/expenses for the past month
- Recent mortgage/vehicle payment statement
- Past two years' tax returns – These can also be requested from the IRS
- Tax debt documentation
- Lawsuits, foreclosures, collections and/or repossession documents
- Lease or rental agreements
- Award letter for disability, social security, workers' compensation, pension, retirement, or military that shows the amount you are receiving
- Any job termination paperwork
- Complete the online questionnaire from MyCaseInfo